You already know, a poor blood flow is not a good thing and it is usually a consequence of clogged arteries. In order to preserve your health, you need to be aware of the symptoms of this health problem. If you happen to experience two or three of its symptoms, you should consult your physician as soon as possible to determine the underlying cause and get the necessary treatment.
The Contributing Factors to Poor Circulation
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Frequent consumption of fast foods
The Importance of Proper Blood Flow
Each of the bodily organs depends on the blood flow that will provide them with the necessary nutrients so that they can perform their functions. When this process is impeded, the risk of damage to the brain and heart is much higher. For an optimal health, we need a constant, regular blood flow.
Peripheral Artery Disease
This condition happens when there is too much accumulated plaque in the arteries and it is also known as atherosclerosis. If not treated timely, this plaque can harden and start constricting the arteries and lead to other serious complications.
The Most Common Signs of Atherosclerosis
- Pain in the legs and leg cramps
- Numbness in the legs
- Slower healing of wounds
- Loss of hair on the legs
- Excessively glowing skin
How to Prevent and Treat Atherosclerosis
- Be more physically active
- Follow a plant-based diet
- Avoid smoking and drinking
- Add ginger and garlic to your daily diet
- Opt for foods rich in vitamin E like sunflower seeds, almonds, and Brazil nuts
- Get more antioxidants from your diet by eating organic foods and veggies